The Association of Manufacturers Bay Area (AMBayArea) seeks a development manager (fast track to development director) to head our ongoing fundraising and operational needs. Reporting to the Chairperson, this professional must have an established background in coordinating nonprofit donation and sponsorship strategies and staff/volunteer leadership. Ability to connect with people and multi-task are critical to this position.
This role involves organizing large-scale fundraising initiatives, working with board members, managing our annual fund and building relationships with donors, staff and volunteers. The development manager will also assist our board, and marketing contractor with implementing major giving fundraising strategies as well as targeted membership drives.
- Planning and evaluating fundraising campaigns and activities.
- Managing the organization’s budget and fundraising income programs.
- Identifying and stewarding prospective members/donors
- Recruiting and training fundraising staff and volunteer leaders.
- Staying on top of fundraising trends and the nonprofit community.
- Communicating with donors and staff via email, phone or social media.
- Answering donor and staff inquiries in a timely fashion.
- Using prospect research tools and your donor database to build donor relationships.
- Creating solicitation materials for the fundraising team.
- Superb written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Time management and flexibility with job duties.
- Fundraising software and tools expertise.
- Creative, self-starter attitude.
- Donor and volunteer service mentality.
- Organized and inspiring team leader.
Our ideal candidate will have a minimum of five years of fund development experience, preferably in the member association and/or nonprofit fields. Familiarity with CRM nonprofit software, donor databases and other fundraising technology a plus; bachelor’s degree preferred.
Please send application materials (resume, cover letter, references and salary requirements) to AMBayArea Vice-Chairperson Karen Burns at firstname.lastname@example.org.