- This event has passed.
Building Your Company Culture and Team With Hannah Kain
July 28 from 10:30 am to 11:45 am
Join Hannah Kain as she shares tips from her 24 years of experience building the team and culture that has made ALOM a technology-driven, global supply chain, light manufacturing and logistics service provider. What Hannah dreamed of most before opening the doors to ALOM, a supply chain company she founded in 1997, was its culture, which she considers to be the most important aspect of a successful company. To Hannah, culture comes down to:
- How would it feel to work for the company? To be a customer?
- What values does the company support?
- How best to embrace diversity and engage employees at all levels?
Hannah’s diverse background is certainly a factor behind her direct and unique approach to team building. Before growing ALOM to over 200 employees that operate out of 19 global locations, she worked in retail, manufacturing, finance, and politics – even serving as a member of the Danish Parliament for a brief period. She has won countless awards, is active in many organizations (including serving as a board member for the National Association of Manufacturers and a handful of CEO groups), and is all about giving back to the community.
Hannah will share how to:
- Communicate values and team goals every year (and keep to one page)
- Hire fewer staff members and pay them well, give them what they need
- Encourage the team to question authority (which may require unlearning past practices)
- Hire people different from you
- Address personality conflicts directly
- Never hire during the BUSY times (despite the temptation)
- Practice some quick tests to determine whether an employee is working out
AMBayArea Members = Free
Non-Members = $50
*Join AMBayArea at ambayarea.org/join today to register for the webinar for free.