This fall, AMBayArea members were busy introducing manufacturing to the next generation by participating in the AMBayArea MFG Ambassador Program.
Utilizing the Volunteer Match website, manufacturers were able to view and respond to specific requests from teachers who were interested in having manufacturers speak to their classes about career opportunities in the manufacturing industry. In addition, teachers can contact manufacturers who have expressed interest in speaking to students. Several manufacturers took advantage of the opportunity to connect with students, including:
- A technician from POP Manufacturing addressed an engineering class at Oakland Technical High School
- The chief operating officer for Casa Sanchez Foods addressed classes at Pittsburg High School
- A mechanical engineer from Hester Fabrication addressed an engineering class at Oakland Technical High School
- The general manager for Bright Light Welding and Manufacturing addressed career technical education classes at Castro Valley High School
- The vice president of operations for Silicon Valley Elite Manufacturing addressed an engineering class at San Jose Independence High School
In addition to visiting high schools, manufacturers opened their doors for students to tour their facilities. Casa Sanchez Foods hosted tours for students from Castro Valley High School, while Energy Recovery hosted students from San Leandro High School.
All members are encouraged to take advantage of the AMBayArea MFG Ambassador Program to spread the word about manufacturing to the next generation.
If you have questions or need assistance getting started, contact Ambassador Program Coordinator Ying Liu at firstname.lastname@example.org.